Coppice Farm Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expect all staff, governors, student teachers and volunteers to share this commitment.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Child Protection Policy which can be viewed in the policies section on our website.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies, when there are concerns about a child's welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with parents/carers first, unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child's welfare.
To keep our children safe at school, we
- ensure that all staff – through their induction and on going training - have a clear understanding of their responsibilities towards our children’s safeguarding
- ensure that all student teachers and volunteers have an induction and and have a clear understanding of their safeguarding responsibilities and school protocol
- make sure that we have a range of clear and up to date policies and procedures in place to ensure the safety and protection of our pupils in all aspects of school life
- ensure that we teach our pupils how to keep themselves healthy and safe – in and out of school
- teach our pupils about how we keep them safe in school
- ensure that we audit our safeguarding practices regularly so we remain vigilant